Unilever Energize Your Summer Sweepstakes ends 7/1
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Energize Your Summer (the “Sweepstakes”) begins May 16, 2013 at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends July 1, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever (the “Sponsor”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively the “Sponsor and its Administrators”), and its affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, assigns and agents and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win.
3. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes by visiting http://www.makinglifebetter.com/promotions/energizeyoursummer (the “Site”). Then, you must complete all required registration information to receive (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Sweepstakes Drawing. The person uploading the Entry will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the name appearing on the Entry. Automated Entries, or those generated by script or bot are not eligible. All Entries must be complete to be eligible. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor. Limit of one (1) Entry per person per day. All Entries must be completed and submitted by 9:00 a.m. on July 1, 2013, to be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants’ online service will apply.
4. Sweepstakes Random Drawing: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about July 2, 2013 from among all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted by Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (the “Administrator”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes Entries received.
5. Prize: Grand Prize (1): $15,000 awarded in the form of a check, made payable to the winner. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner (or the parent/guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence), if applicable.
6. General Rules: Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release (where legal) and assignment of rights within seven (7) days of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Affidavit package will be mailed via Priority Mail or sent via email. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. Winner and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its Administrators, each of their respective agencies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of the prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, likeness, Entry for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By entering, entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules. Entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry (or when setting up winner’s account). “Authorized account holder” of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner; or acts with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it cannot be completed as planned for any reason, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures or corruption of any sort. In such event, Sponsor will award the Grand Prize in a random drawing from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Void where prohibited by law and subject to all federal, state and local laws. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, entrant (or parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees that: 1) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; 2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and 3) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs.
7. Winner: For the name of the winner, available after July 22, 2013, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by August 22, 2013 to: The Energize Your Summer Sweepstakes Winner, P.O Box 7999, Melville, NY 11775-7999.
8. Sponsor/ Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever, 800 Sylvan Ave., Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632. The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.