Rodale & Jeep Grand Cherokee “Your Best Made Better” Sweepstakes ends 6/30
JEEP® GRAND CHEROKEE – YOUR BEST MADE BETTER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The Jeep® Grand Cherokee “YOUR BEST MADE BETTER SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”) starts at 12:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 30th, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm ET on June 30th, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (excluding residents of Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec and all other countries, territories or possessions) who are 18 years of age or older and/or the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Canadian residents, to win, must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question administered by mail. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, performed services for Sponsor or subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.rodale.com/yourbestmadebetter (the “Web Site”) during the Promotion Period, in 150 characters or less describe your personal wellness goal as it pertains to either fitness, cycling or running, share your goal (the “Goal”) on your Facebook page on Facebook.com (you must have an account with Facebook.com to enter with a Goal) by clicking the “share” button, and then completely fill out all the required fields on the entry form including first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address. When you “share” your Goal, it will automatically generate a newsfeed story about your Goal on your own Facebook page and by entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to the posting of such newsfeed story on your Facebook page. To enter without entering a Goal and/or sharing on Facebook click the “skip this step” button on the entry form and answer the remaining required fields on the entry form, including first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address. A potential winner will be selected at random as set forth in Section 3 below, without consideration as to whether entries were made by entering the Goal and/or sharing on Facebook. Then submit your entry form to the Web Site (the “Entry” or “Entries). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59PM ET, JUNE 30TH, 2013. Limit one (1) Entry per person per e-mail address per day throughout the Promotion Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: Sponsor will randomly select the winner(s) from among all eligible entries received on June 30th 2013. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about July 15th 2013. Sponsor will then send to potential winner(s) by e-mail at the e-mail address on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (the “Affidavit”). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to Sponsor the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date Sponsor sent the Affidavit. In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant’s e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Sweepstakes, it is the entrant’s sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prize is $4,775.00 and consists of one (1) three night, accommodations for winner and one guest at the Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii with an ARV up to $1,775.00, and (2) vouchers for roundtrip airfare with an ARV of $1,500.00 each, total of $3,000. The total ARV of all prizes awarded is $4,775.00. There is a total of one (1) prize to be awarded to one (1) winner. Actual value of trip depends on dates of travel and winner’s residency and departure city. Winner shall not receive the difference between the actual value of the trip and the ARV in the form of a credit, monetary equivalent, or any additional prize. Certain restrictions apply, valid between April 1st 2013-April 2nd, 2014 with the exception of December 21st, 2013 – January 2nd, 2014. Based upon availability. Only electronic airline tickets will be issued, if available. Winner’s travel guest must be the age of majority in his or her state of residency or winner must be guest’s parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must accompany a traveling minor at all times. Winner and travel companion will be required to travel together to and from the same point of origin. Prior to travel, winner and travel companion may be responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation. Winner and travel companion hereby release Sponsors from any duty to provide, check or verify any and all necessary passports, visas and tourist cards, birth certificates, vaccination certificates and any other travel or entry requirements (“Personal Documents”). Sponsors shall not have any responsibility for the replacement of lost or stolen Personal Documents or tickets, coupons, vouchers, receipts or other documents pertaining to the prize (“Travel Documents”) once the Travel Documents have been provided to winner and travel companion. Certain reasonable travel restrictions such as holiday “black-out” dates or periods may apply. Dates of travel are subject to change at Sponsors’ sole discretion. All other expenses not specifically listed herein are solely the winner’s responsibility including, but not limited to, cost of travel, including airfare, above the value of the vouchers, sales taxes, gratuities, meals, travel/transportation to/from the airport and hotel, and all incidental expenses. Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of any prize at or above $600. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners’ affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted. In the event a selected prize winner is unable to participate in the travel associated with the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternative winner may be selected.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: Sponsor and its companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Web sites promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes promotion, including the entire Sweepstakes promotion, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.rodale.com/yourbestmadebetter.