GameSpot Next Gen Console Sweepstakes
Enter HERE for a chance to win the new Xbox One or PS4 (your choice!).
GameSpot Next Gen Console Sweeps
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. PARTICIPATION IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRORITORIES & POSSESSIONS, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. (“CBSI”), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI; and Offerpop Corporation, 25 West 36th Street, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10018.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants’ information is being provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
1) Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the GameSpot Next Gen Console Sweeps (the “Sweepstakes”) operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain www.facebook.com/gamespot (the “CBSI Service”), you ( “you” and/or “Participant”) hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2) Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of the United States; (b) registered users of Facebook; (c) at least 13 years old at the date of entry into this Sweepstakes; and (d) agree to receive the GameSpot newsletter. There is no fee or charge to be a member of GameSpot or receive the GameSpot newsletter and a participant may unsubscribe at any time. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing “immediate family” means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
3) Entering the Sweepstakes. There are two (2) separate phases, the first level phase (the “1st Level Phase”) and the second level phase (the, “2nd Level Phase”), to the Sweepstakes, each with its own Prize (as defined below). Participants may enter the 1st Level Phase only or both phases of the Sweepstakes at their discretion. . To register for the 1st Level Phase of this Sweepstakes and be entered into the drawing for the 1st Level Phase prize (the “1st Level Prize“), users need to go to the CBSI Service, if you have not already, you must “Like” GameSpot on Facebook, provide a valid email address (which if you have not already registered for, will register you for the GameSpot Newsletter), and agree to these Official Rules, and you will receive an entry into the 1st Level Phase of this Sweepstakes. To be entered into the 2nd Level Phase of the Sweepstakes and be entered into the drawing for the grand prize (the “Grand Prize“), participants need to first have entered the 1st Level Phase of the Sweepstakes, then need to share a special link to the Sweepstakes with a friend, once that friend signs up to the 1st Level Phase of the Sweepstakes, the Participant (who shared the link) will receive an entry into the 2nd Level Phase of the Sweepstakes. Participant will receive the special link upon confirmation of entering the 1st Level Phase of the Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize and 1st Level Prize are hereby collectively referred to as the “Prize(s).”
4) Entry Limits. There is a limit of one entry into the Sweepstakes per Participant per Sweepstakes phase, during the Promotion Period (as defined below).
There is no fee to register into the Sweepstakes.
5) Promotion Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 PM PT on 11/1/13 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on 11/22/13 (the “Promotion Period“). All decisions regarding, this Sweepstakes will be made by a CBSI representative, whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
Grand Prize: One winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive one (1) Gaming Console (either an Xbox One or a Playstation 4) with an approximate retail value (“ARV) of Five Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$550.00); five (5) newly released games (chosen by editors and subject to availability) with an ARV of Three Hundred Sixty Dollars (US$360.00); and a (1) one year subscription to the online multiplayer gaming account which corresponds to the applicable console (either a PS4 Playstation Plus account or an Xbox Live Gold account) (value of subscription may be issued in the form of a check at Sponsors sole discretion). Online gaming subscription has an ARV of ninety Dollars (US$90.00). The total ARV of Grand Prize is One Thousand Dollars (US$1,000.00).
1st Level Prize(s): Two winners (the “1st Level Prize Winner(s)”) will each receive one (1) 1st Level Prize that consist of one (1) Gaming Console (either an Xbox One or a Playstation 4), with an ARV of Five Hundred Fifty Dollars (US$550.00) each.
Total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this promotion is Two Thousand One Hundred Dollars (US$2,100.00). Limit one Prize per person, household and email address. The Grand Prize Winner and the 1st Level Prize Winners collectively, “Winner(s).”
Please note: each Prize may take up to 10-12 weeks to be delivered (depending on availability).
7) Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
8) Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received for each Sweepstakes phase during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawings will take place on or about November 25, 2013. The Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Prize winners will be contacted via email or by mail. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will select one (1) alternate per Prize notification. If no contact has been made with the alternate after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt), the Prize(s) shall not be awarded. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
9) Prize Restrictions. All other expenses relating to acceptance of winning a Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes are the responsibility of each Prize winner. Specifics of prizes are subject to availability and at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize become unavailable. Prizes are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Each Winner may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Release Forms”) within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. If a Prize winner is a minor, parent or legal guardian must execute an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release in the same time-frame.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner’s acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation